Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Sinless World

“This world would be a better place if…”

Many people use this statement before entering in a subject to place blame on. However, whatever that subject may be, it all comes back to the idea of sin.

Sin, deliberately disobeying or acting wrongly, is everywhere. “This world is full of sinners,” the church frequently claims. For this reason, Jesus Christ was sent to save us.

Scriptures explains how “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”. I think this would have still held true even if Eve didn’t sin in the garden. God gave Adam and Eve one instruction and they chose to disobey. Eventually, Adam and Eve bore children. If, as parents, they did not sin, I think that someone else would have eventually sinned. If they didn’t sin, I don’t think God would have needed to send his son, Jesus, to save us. However, I do think that He still would have sent Jesus to show us Himself.

On the other hand, I also have a different thought of what a sinless world could be like. Perfect. When I think about how a perfect and sinless world could look, I have similar thoughts of how I view heaven, a place with no pain, sorrow or suffering. In a perfect world, why would we have a need for hoping? There would be no hope because we would have already had what we long for now. Thus, people could be worshiping all the time.

If you know me well enough, you know that I question a lot. I am normally the one who asks the “What if” questions. The most frustrating thing for me, however, is knowing that not all of my questions will have an answer.

Thus, when a “what if” question is posed to me, I normally react with a safe response. It is a response that keeps me out of trouble or places me in a position where people may not judge me for one reason or another. This common response, “I do not know”, although safe, is not always necessary.

I’ve learned that it is okay to question some of the harder things in life because while I may not have a definite answer, I am reassured of the greatness of God, knowing that we cannot wrap our mind around everything.

1 comment:

  1. How true! We cannot wrap our minds around everything. If Adam and Eve did not sin, then probably someone else would have. Or maybe not! It's a question we can one day ask in person.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete